We can not confirm Hostel Aphrodite in Athens Greece is still operating.
For a number of years this was the official website for Hostel Aphrodite in Athens Greece. Hostel Aphrodite no longer own the domain registration to this website. The new owners of this site have chosen to keep the site's archived content in case someone should end up here looking for information about the hostel.
PLEASE NOTE: Content is from the site's 2011 pages.
The information below is not current. We can not confirm this hostel is still operating.
Please contact Hostel Aphrodite directly.
Consider this more of a nostalgic look back at what this hostel use to offer its backpaking guests.
12 Einardou Street & Michail Voda 65
(At the Corner of Einardou Street & Michail Voda)
Athens 104 40, Greece
Tel: (0030) 210 88 10 589, 210 88 39 249
Fax: (0030) 210 88 16 574
Hostel Aphrodite's House, Athens | Posted 2011
We welcome you to Athens
This is one hostel that you should definitely check out.It is situated on a quiet residential street in the center of Athens and is run by a great team, who are knowledgeable about all types of info.The Aphrodite is conveniently situated close to rail, bus, banks, laundries, mail facilities and super markets.
It is most popular due to reputation and one of the first hostels ever in Athens with 30 years solid reputation, the Aphrodite is backpackers home away from home. Situated in a quiet residential area, you will find yourself close to all the bus and train links for services around Greece, with a buzzing basement bar to meet other travelers from all over the world. Offering a wide choice of rooms, both private and dormitory, with air conditioning/heating, afternoon and night bar with food available, telephone and fax facilities, laundry service, luggage storage, safety deposit, FREE internet, and tavernas and bars nearby, the Aphrodite brings travelers back for more year after year.
WHY CHOOSE US
- Friendly and helpful staff from all countries, all English speaking, and available 24 hours a day.
- Wide choice of rooms ranging from dorms to private rooms for 1, 2, 3 or 4 people, with shared and private bathrooms so able to cater to everyone's needs, with plenty of bathrooms on each floor.
- Superb range of facilities including FREE Internet available 24 hours, FREE Map, Laundry Service, Breakfast Room, Travel Services to book tours, ferries and hotels, Heated/Air Conditioned rooms and constant Hot Water 24 hours a day, Non-stop Reception so you will always have someone to help you, Luggage Room - short AND long term, and even more facilities to follow shortly.
- Not only are we recommended by Lonely Planet, Let's Go, International Youth Hostel Federation (IHYF), and Hostels of Europe (HoE), but our hostels are rated in the Top 3 on online booking websites.
- Daily Walking Tours departing from all hostels to help you find your feet in the City.
- With over 30 years in hosteling under our belts means we have the experience, knowledge, customer service, and most centrally located hostels to make your stay in Athens the best that you could hope for.
Welcome to Hostel Aphrodite
HOSTEL APHRODITE is the place that you should definitely check first!
Why us? Because we are one of the best hostels in Greece , one of the first in Athens , with over 30 years of experience and a rock-solid and spotless reputation!
The Hostel is run by a great multinational team, very knowledgeable about all types of information, and we are more than willing to share this with you to make your visit here even more enjoyable.
Situated in a quiet residential area in the centre of Athens, you will find yourself close to rail, bus, laundries, banks, mail facilities, supermarkets, as well as within walking distance of the National Archeological Museum, Acropolis and all the other major "must see" sites!
With a great bar to meet other travellers from all over the world and party or just chill out and offering a wide choice of rooms, both private and dormitory, with air conditioning/heating, our offer is impossible to beat!
Presentation of the hotel amenities and guest services
The Hostel Aphrodite also offers a wide range of services:
- 24 hours Reception, no lockout, no curfew.
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi hotspot available 24 hours.
- International telephone.
- Laundry-same day service
- Money exchange nearby.
- Wide range of food available.
- Travel Services.
- Free city map and information.
- Luggage storage - Short and long term available (max. 3 months).
- Free safe for valuables.
- Walking tours
- Info desk
- Fax facilities (send and receive).
- Printing service.
- Taxi service.
- Wake-up calls.
- Breakfast served daily, delicious continental breakfast , or traditional Greek one.
- Lively night bar open until late with tasty snacks available.
The Hostel is run by a great multinational team , very knowledgeable about all types of information, and we are more than willing to share this with you to make your visit here even more enjoyable. Situated in a quiet residential area in the centre of Athens, you will find yourself close to rail, bus, laundries, banks, mail facilities, supermarkets, as well as within walking distance of the National Archeological Museum, Acropolis and all the other major must see sites!
In Hostel Aphrodite you will find rooms with 1,2,3 or 4 beds, with private or separate bathrooms.Some rooms with balconies.
Double | Triple | Quadruple
Where Strangers Become Friends!
The Bar opens shortly after breakfast around midday, and continues from the afternoon until the early hours of the morning.
Satellite TV and most sports coverage available, as are tasty snacks, exotic cocktails, beers and soft drinks. This is a great place to catch up with old friends and meet new.
And don’t forget your FREE welcome drink!!
Breakfast is served daily, come and join us for a delicious continental breakfast, or even try a traditional Greek one.
12 Einardou Street & Michail Voda 65, Victoria Square, Athens (Athinai),Attica, Greece
37.994675, 23.724632 (accuracy not guaranteed)
• From the Airport - BUS OR METRO - Direct from the Airport, take the Train ‘PROASTIAKOS' to LARISSA STATION (approx 40 minutes and runs until midnight) OR take the X95 Bus to SYNTAGMA SQUARE. This runs 24 hours every 20 minutes (during the day), and every 30 minutes (after midnight).
• From SYNTAGMA STATION, take the Metro (Red Line in the direction of Agios Antonios) to LARISSA STATION (4 stops). From there, walk right up FILADELFIAS STREET for 3 blocks until you see MICHAIL VODA STREET. Turn left into MICHAIL VODA and walk 5 blocks until you see EINARDOU STREET on your left. The Hostel Aphrodite is at 12 EINARDOU & MICHAIL VODA 65 corner, just a 5 minute walk from the station.
• From PATRAS (Peloponnese) - Take the train from Patras to LARISSA STATION (approx 3½ hours). From there, follow the directions above.
• From PIRAEUS PORT - Take the Metro (Green Line) to VICTORIA STATION. From there, walk across VICTORIA SQUARE heading towards HEIDEN STREET (4 blocks) until you see the crossroads which is MICHAIL VODA STREET. Turn right, walk 2 blocks and you will see EINARDOU STREET.
ElphaRose39 NYC, NY
Re: Hostel Aphrodite
Apr 5, 2008,
Just an update: I stayed in the hostel and it was very nice. Staff was very friendly, anything you need help with they will help you with, room was clean, they provided sheets and everything, computers were free and well run, they even had WIFI for my laptop. The only down side is they run a bar downstairs at night and the music is a bit loud (i stayed in the dorm room on the first floor, the other rooms might not be as bad, just a tip if you are in that room plug up the area around the pipe in the front left corner with a towel or something... it'll quite it a lot).
It wasn't as far out as people made it sound online. About a 5-10 minute walk to the train\subway\bus station (which is how you get to athen from europe or the airport) from where your just a few stops from the main area (tickets are .8 euro each so its well worth the money you save staying there)
hope this helps!
Reviews from www.hostelio.com
The no cost breakfast and also the bar is a nice touch although I didn't really get a chance to try it out.
The Aphrodite Hostel and Bar were awesome. when i saw the" Aphrodite bar club" facebook page with the latest photos i knew it was the place. It was right near the train station and subway Larisa making it easy to locate and get around the rest of Athens! The staff were really friendly and the Aphrodite bar right below the hostel was a great place to get drunk cheap and to meet fellow travelers. The bar was busy every night so if you aren't looking to party this might not be the right hostel for you, however, the bar is separate from the actually dorms, so i had a nice sleep also.
24 hr reception, warm and friendly and really helpful staff. When my traveling partner, Anna, misplaced her womens rimless eyeglasses, they spent the time helping us look for them. We didn't find them at the Hostel Aphrodite's common downstairs rooms or in our bedroom and finally gave up. However, since the hostel has free Internet and a Wi-Fi hotspot available 24 hours, we went online and Anna placed an order at Eyeglasses.com in the US where she had originally bought them. The online site already had her most recent prescription so she was able to request that they install prescription lenses as well. When we arrived back in the states, her new eyeglasses were waiting in our mailbox. How convenient was that.
Nice bar in basement and warm and friendly staff. Great walking tour
Really very good location from the train station. Few minutes walk to one of the musuem. Superb transport links from the hostel. There is certainly a paid walking tour which runs each day - definitely worth the money. Overall very good hostel.
* Hostel Aphrodite rated 3.44 out of 5 based on 9 customer reviews. Hostel reviews with a star rating are sourced from HostelBookers.
Aphrodite recommended by Let's Go Publications 2007!!
'Congratulations! I am writing to commend your establishment for its excellent service to our readers. Let's Go values businesses that provide travelers with fun, unique cultural experiences at bargain prices. Every year, our Let's Go team scours the globe in search of unique travel destinations; our regional writer came across your establishment and was very impressed. As tangible recognition of your outstanding services, 'Let's Go 2007 Recommends' can be displayed within your establishment with pride'.
"The location was just a 10 minute walk from the train station which takes you right to the main sites. And it was walking distance to the Archaeological Museum as well as restaurants, grocery stores and good bakeries! The free internet was a definite plus as was the lift. The staff was really helpful and friendly. The bus to Corfu was also very convenient. Overall, a pretty good place to stay in Athens."
Hostel Aphrodite is a good place to stay. Free internet, free shot of ouzo, nice people."
"You can't go wrong with this hostel!"
This is one hostel that you should definitely check out. The Hostel Aphrodite is run by a great team who are very knowledgeable about all types of information, and are more than willing to share this with you to make your visit here even more enjoyable. Situated in a quiet residential area in the centre of Athens, you will find yourself close to rail, bus, laundries, banks, mail facilities, supermarkets, as well as within walking distance of the National Archeological Museum.